Overheated Machine Causes Fire at Chocolate Factory

July 12, 2017

1 Min Read
Overheated Machine Causes Fire at Chocolate Factory
A factory that produces Lindt chocolate experienced a fire on Tuesday. Image courtesy of Flickr user warrenski

Two workers were injured on Tuesday in a fire thought to be caused by an overheated machine at the Lindt & Spruengli chocolate factory in Kilchberg, Switzerland, Reuters and Swiss news organizations reported.

“We had to evacuate the building, a few people appeared to have suffered smoke poisoning,” a local police spokesperson told Reuters.

The fire was quickly extinguished but the facility sustained damages totaling several thousand Swiss francs, the news wire service reported. The two workers received minor injuries.

Lindt produces the popular Lindor Truffles, a number of chocolate bars, and a variety of other desserts and ice creams for customers globally.

For more articles, news, and equipment reviews, visit our Equipment Zones

Sign up for the Powder & Bulk Solids Weekly newsletter.

You May Also Like