February 13, 2023
A fire erupted in the A block at SVR Laboratories in the village of Dothigudem of Bhudanpochampally mandal in the district yesterday, The Hans India News stated.
Workers and other staff extinguished the fire with help of firefighters. The workers shared afterward, that an even larger accident was averted.
Police and eyewitnesses said the fire was reported around 2:50 p.m. local time, while a solvent called Tolin was being loaded into the reactor at the A block of the plant. As the fire started, six workers who were at the plant ran outside calling for help.
SVR Laboratories management called a fire tender from Hegelo Laboratories, along with firefighting equipment, and the flames were extinguished.
When police arrived, they interviewed workers and eyewitnesses and said that the cause of the fire would be known after an investigation.
No loss of life or property due to the attention of staff and management was claimed.
The news agency reported that Dothigudem villagers alleged that a similar fire took place at the plant in the past, due to lack of proper safety and precautions.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like