2008 TAPPI PLACE Conference Focuses on Innovations in Flexible Consumer Packaging2008 TAPPI PLACE Conference Focuses on Innovations in Flexible Consumer Packaging
July 15, 2008
“Innovations in Flexible Consumer Packaging” is the focus of the 2008 TAPPI PLACE (Polymers, Laminations, Adhesives, Coatings and Extrusions) Conference, which will be held September 14-17 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The updated program schedule features more than 65 sessions that will help attendees stay up-to-date regarding materials, equipment, and processes in the flexible packaging and converting industry.
Online registration is fast and easy. Register before July 28 to save hundreds of dollars versus the full-price fee. TAPPI Members receive preferential pricing for all registration options. Group discounts are also available, offering extra value for multiple registrants from a single location.
The Conference will also include:
* A new Technology Showcase
* Tabletop displays of the latest products and services available to the market
* Special “Sustainability Workshop” offering interactive, participatory learning experience
* Peer-to-peer networking: Meet engineers, managers, specialists, suppliers, end users, and consultants from the flexible packaging and converting industry
* The best of AIMCAL, ANTEC, and SPE
* Excellent sponsorship opportunities to fit any budget or marketing need
Expert speakers will lead sessions that address market-oriented topics of interest in flexible packaging and converting. Keynote presentations will be given by:
* Drew Gilchrist, vice president of sales, Vanguard Packaging & Display. Vanguard is a member of Wal-Mart’s Sustainable Value Network (SVN). Gilchrist has lived in Bentonville for 15 years and is directly involved in Wal-Mart’s Retail Link Users Group.
* A.J. “Tony” Burns, associate director, The Procter & Gamble Co. An expert on sustainability, Burns is Procter & Gamble’s designated speaker on the subject. In addition to his duties with Procter & Gamble, Burns serves on the Advisory Board for the Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC).
More details are available at www.tappi.org/08place.
You May Also Like