Sign up for the Powder & Bulk Solids Weekly newsletter.
John S. Forrester
August 11, 2021
1 Min Read
Image courtesy of Perdue Farms
A 23-year-old contract worker died Sunday morning after he was cleaning inside the Perdue Farms prepared foods facility in Perry, GA, local news organizations reported.
The victim, Antonio Ramirez, was cleaning a part of the plant known as “The Hot Room” at the time of the incident, CBS News affiliate WMAZ said. A manager decided to check on Ramirez at about 5:30 a.m. after he observed the worker kneeling and discovered he had been electrocuted.
“We are deeply saddened by the death of a contractor for a company that cleans our production equipment who was fatally injured in an accident Sunday morning at our Prepared Foods facility in Perry, GA,” a Perdue Farms spokesperson told news broadcaster WMGT. “The safety of our workers and facilities is always Perdue’s top priority, and we are taking the matter very seriously.”
Perdue said it is engaged in discussions with local authorities.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
Pneumatic Conveying: Insights, Methods, & ApplicationsFeb 26, 2024|1 Min Read
Q&A: Beyond Hazardous Area Classification: Mechanical Equipment Ignition Risk Assessment (MEIRA)Feb 26, 2024|5 Min Read
Conveyor Automation Made EasierFeb 26, 2024|1 Min Read
Volkmann Introduces Automated Metal Powder Reprocessing SystemFeb 26, 2024|1 Min Read