On March 8, 2018 at 2pm Eastern/11am Pacific, Eric Maynard, senior consultant and director of education at Jenike & Johanson, will present "Five Critical Tips to Avoid a Dangerous Dust Flash Fire or Explosion," as part of Powder & Bulk Solids' DryPro free webinar series.
In this webinar you will learn about the key contributors to combustible dust flash fires and explosions. Attendees will:
- - Learn about the flash fires and explosions from ignition of combustible dusts
- - Discover how to reliably determine if your dust is combustible
- - Identify scenarios leading to dust emissions and dust accumulation
- - Walk-away with an appreciation for the hazards that can result from fire/explosions
- - Understand how to build a strategy for executing on a dust hazards analysis (DHA)
Maynard received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Villanova University and his M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute. During his 21 years at Jenike & Johanson, he has designed handling systems for bulk solids including cement, coal, limestone, plastic powder, food products, and pharmaceuticals. He is the cement industry specialist at Jenike & Johanson, as well as the technical specialist for dust explosions and powder electrostatic behavior. He routinely lectures on the storage, flow, and pneumatic conveying of bulk solids for the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) continuing education series, private companies, in-house courses, and the Powder & Bulk Solids Conference.