Man Dies from Electrocution While Fixing Conveyor System

June 27, 2017

1 Min Read
Man Dies from Electrocution While Fixing Conveyor System
powder_1 copy.jpg

A 33-year-old worker at a Florida distillery died Wednesday night while performing repairs on a conveyor belt system after he received an electric shock, the Associated Press and numerous local news organizations reported.

Identified as Aaron Rowe, the worker was shocked as he worked to restore power to a conveyor belt’s motor at the Florida Caribbean Distillers production facility in Auburndale, FL, and was transported to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead about an hour later, the Lakeland Ledger reported.

Officials told the newspaper that although the man appeared to have shut off power to the conveyor belt system, the motor was live and a lock out system to stop energy flowing to it was installed on an incorrect circuit breaker.

Police said that Rowe’s body had burns marks on both hands following the incident.

The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the fatality, reports said.

For more articles, news, and equipment reviews, visit our Equipment Zones

Sign up for the Powder & Bulk Solids Weekly newsletter.

You May Also Like