Tramco Inc., a global manufacturer of En-masse conveyor systems, has announced the launch of its Design Center, an interactive Web site that enables customers to research and design complex engineering blueprints for individual conveyor systems. Integrating cutting-edge engineering analysis with 2D drafting technology, the Design Center serves as a virtual order form, providing customers with the freedom to create blueprints instantly over the Internet.
“Tramco is constantly exploring ways to integrate innovative technologies to save our customers time and money,” said Leon Trammell, CEO and founder of Tramco. “The Design Center radically transforms the way customers interact with our products, and for the first time ever, gives them power to design and order conveyor systems over the Internet.
“Using our interactive Web site, users simply enter conveyor requirements, select options and instantly download approval drawings. The Design Center saves us time and enables our engineers to focus their attention on new and exciting endeavors, like continuing to develop our conveyor technology.”
To demo the Design Center, click here.
The Design Center is powered using iBlueprint, a pioneering technology developed by EDA Inc., one of the world’s leading design automation companies.
“Our technology dramatically reduces the hours spent on the engineering and drafting of blueprints for made-to-order products,” said Madison Miner, chief engineer at EDA. “We immediately saw how Tramco could benefit from the customized approach that iBlueprint offers, and how it could be used both to meet the growing needs of their sales staff and increase their ordering efficiencies.
“The Design Center project was a perfect application for what this technology does best, which is streamlining the product drawing, ordering and manufacturing process” said Miner.
Tramco’s Design Center features:
* An interactive, simple-to-use engineering and design Web site for customers
* A compressed quoting and approval phase that takes minutes instead of days
* Instantly downloadable scaled drawings that can be used in customer projects
* TRAM-QUOTE a comprehensive quoting and proposal system for the sales staff
* Automatic production of detailed drawing package for in-house engineers
* Automatic delivery of manufacturing drawings and flat patterns to any CNC laser anywhere in the world with a complete list of materials and purchase parts
* Reduced miscommunication between parties
* Increased customer satisfaction
* Ability to test, revise and finalize designs much faster than before
* Drawings available 24/7 without having to call the sales staff
“From industrial plant designers to process plant professionals the Design Center enables both longtime and potential customers to build products to spec and no longer wait for our engineers to develop blueprints for each order,” said Trammell. “Customers can now investigate multiple “what-if” scenarios by designing and modifying engineering plans themselves to create the exact conveyor system they need.”