Kason has upgraded its Vibro-Bed fluid bed processor with new features designed to regulate pressure and temperature more efficiently for faster material drying and increased throughput.
Fluid bed processors dry, moisturize, heat, or cool bulk material by causing it to vibrate on a screen or perforated surface within a rising column of heated, chilled, or moisturized air. In addition to faster drying, the upgraded controls make it easier for operators with minimal training to run batch or continuous material processing.
“This upgrade makes one of the industry’s most energy- and cost-efficient fluid bed dryers even better,” said Seth Vance, CEO of advanced material processing, Kason’s parent company. “Along with further improving performance to help decrease processing time, the ability to record operational data and troubleshoot issues remotely in real-time helps minimize downtime for an even greater return on investment.”
The updated Vibro-Bed dryer also offers customers:
- An energy-efficient circular design that utilizes 100% of surface area to optimize airflow for faster drying, less waste, and a more consistent product.
- Eight compact models ranging from 24 to 84 in. in diam that provide fast, cost-effective installation and conserve valuable floorspace
- A remote control-enabled PLC panel with HMI screen to control temperature and optimize energy use
- Lighter materials and fewer welded seams to reduce cleaning and maintenance costs
- Configurations for scalping, de-dusting, agglomerating, or de-agglomerating materials while they are dried, cooled or moisturized to save on the cost of operating separate equipment.
Kason Corp., Millburn, NJ 973-467-8140 www.kason.com