Experienced and future mechanical engineers take note - The future looks bright. This new Powder & Bulk Solids (PBS) whitepaper examines the the employment outlook for mechanical engineers in the United States through 2024, offering a glimpse at opportunities in the field in the decades ahead.
Job creation in the U.S. for roles occupied by mechanical engineers is projected to remain steady through 2024 as changes in population, technology, and manufacturing create demand for MEs with citting-edge knowledge.
Some highlights from Powder & Bulk Solids' survey of employment prospects through the early 2020s include:
- Nano medicine, nanotechnology, bioengineering/biomedical engineering, smart materials, and renewable energy are predicted to be top emerging fields for mechanical engineers through the 2030s
- Space exploration efforts, increasingly undertaken by private companies in the U.S., may also provide new employment opportunities
- Architectural, Engineering, and Related Services employed the most mechanical engineers in May 2015
- U.S. News and World Report ranked mechanical engineering as #2 in its Best Engineering Jobs of 2017 list
- Growth in the smart materials industry may create employment opportunities
Register now for free to download this whitepaper and learn more about the future of mechanical engineering in the United States.