Sign up for the Powder & Bulk Solids Weekly newsletter.
OSHA Issues Alert to Manufacturers on COVID-19 Safety
April 16, 2020
4 Min Read
OSHA issued an alert to manufacturers with tips on how to protect workers from coronavirus exposure. Image courtesy of Pixabay
The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has issued an alert listing safety tips employers can follow to help protect manufacturing workers from exposure to coronavirus.
Safety measures employers can implement to protect employees working in manufacturing include:
- Practicing sensible social distancing and maintaining 6 feet between co-workers, where possible;
- Establishing flexible work hours, (e.g., staggered shifts), if feasible;
- Training workers on how to properly put on, use/wear, take-off and maintain protective clothing and equipment;
- Allowing workers to wear masks over their nose and mouth to prevent spread of the virus;
- Monitoring public health communications about coronavirus recommendations for the workplace and ensuring that workers have access to and understand that information;
- Promoting personal hygiene. If workers do not have access to soap and water for handwashing, provide alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60 percent alcohol. Provide disinfectants and disposable towels workers can use to clean work surfaces; and
- Encouraging workers to report any safety and health concerns.
The alert is the latest effort by OSHA to educate and protect America's workers and employers during the coronavirus pandemic. OSHA has also published Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19, a document aimed at helping workers and employers learn about ways to protect themselves and their workplaces during the ongoing pandemic.
For more news headlines, articles, and equipment reviews, visit our Equipment Zones
More Powder & Bulk Solids articles:
You May Also Like
McCormick Named a Most Sustainable US CompanyFeb 29, 2024|1 Min Read
ConAgra to Divest 52% Stake in Agro Tech FoodsFeb 29, 2024|1 Min Read
Duravant Acquires Ferdinand Henneken GmbHFeb 29, 2024|1 Min Read
Flexicon Introduces Twin Tilt-Down Flexible Screw ConveyorFeb 28, 2024|1 Min Read