The global pneumatic conveying system market is expected to reach $30.67 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc.
Rapid industrialization coupled with the growing need to achieve energy efficiency is expected to elevate industry growth over the forecast period. Rising demand for material handling equipment across varied application sector is also estimated to provide opportunities for industry growth over the next few years.
Recent development activities in developing countries paired with growing health and safety concern is anticipated to escalate product demand significantly. Pneumatic conveying systems have the ability to prevent contamination of end products and offer better hygiene. Additionally, pneumatic conveyors also help in minimizing product downtime, increasing productivity, and improving quality together with cost savings. The industry is poised for growth owing to the aforementioned points.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• Dilute phase conveying account for more than 70% of the total market share throughout the forecast period owing to the benefits offered by this equipment such as the ability to use only air velocity to convey materials and operate at high velocity at low pressure differentials. Dense phase conveying are estimated to exhibit moderate growth which may be attributed to increasing adoption of dense phase conveying system across diverse application areas including pharmaceutical and food industry.
• Vacuum system are anticipated to grow at a CAGR of over 5% over the coming years attributing to its ability of utilizing vacuum created in conveying lines in order to pull the material towards loading points. In addition, combination systems area also estimated to witness moderate growth over the forecast period. These systems incorporate pressure system to transmit multiple unloading points as well as vacuum systems to transmit materials from multiple loading points.
• Pharmaceutical and food industry collectively account for more than 50% of the overall market share in 2014, which may rise over the coming years. The widespread use of pneumatic conveying systems for staging, granulation, blending, coating, compression, and packing is expected to elevate product demand.
• Europe captured a sizeable amount of the pneumatic conveying system market, which can be primarily attributed to rising government initiatives and mandates for the use of better sanitary operations. In addition, the need to achieve efficiency coupled with growing health concern has instigated manufacturers to use pneumatic conveying systems.
• The industry is consolidated with the presence of few big players including Atlas Copco, Pneumatic Conveying Inc. (Pneu-Con), Flexicon Corp., Dynamic Air Inc., and AZO GmbH & Co. KG. The market is significantly led by innovation and new product development. Vendors also emphasize on providing feasible conveying solutions in order to minimize power consumption and improve efficiency.
Grand View Research has segmented the global pneumatic conveying system market on the basis of operating principle, technology, end-use, and region:
Operating Principle Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
Dense Phase Conveying
Dilute Phase Conveying
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
Positive Pressure System
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
Rubber and Plastic
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
Middle East and Africa
Request a sample copy or view summary of this report
For related articles, news, and equipment reviews, visit our Pneumatic Conveying Equipment Zone
Click here for a List of Pneumatic Conveying Equipment Manufacturers
Click here for information about the upcoming Powder & Bulk Solids Texas Conference/Exhibition