Fire crews responded to the A.P. Plasman plastic mold injection facility in Tecumseh, ON last Friday night after a blaze ignited in a piece of machinery at the site, local news organizations reported.
“There was a malfunction in one of their EDM duplicating machines which caused the fire,” Tecumseh Fire Chief Wade Bondy told news radio station AM800. “The fire was mainly contained to the machine itself.”
Workers evacuated the plant without injury during the incident. A sprinkler system activated and put out the flames, according to coverage by CTV News Windsor.
The blaze caused an estimated CAD$2 million (about $1.5 million) in damage and halted production at the site for a period of time, Chief Bondy said in AM800’s report.
A.P. Plasman specializes in the design, molding, assembly, and painting of automotive components. The company operates facilities in the US and Canada.
A robot caught on fire at an A.P. Plasman plant in Lakeshore, ON in 2013, causing CAD$300,000 in damage.
For more news headlines, articles, and equipment reviews, visit our Equipment Zones
More Powder & Bulk Solids articles: