Attendees will be introduced to a Web-based tool that evaluates the actual safety level achieved per the new safety standards. They will also see demonstrations of the latest innovations -– including wireless solutions – in safety bus technologies from a simple device bus up to real time Ethernet. The events will also introduce safety integrated into PC-based automation.
The tour will showcase safety-rated drives with safe motion, safety controller with integrated Web access, all on a single bus to operator panels and plant wide operation. Whether the application requires a single safety relay, a complex safety solution of coordinated control or anything in between, attendees will see solutions demonstrated that can save engineering time and maintenance costs while improving machine efficiency.
The sessions will cover a variety of safety topics including:
• PC-based safety
• Basic of new safety standards
• Safety-rated drives with safe limited speed
• Simple integrated message functions
• Embedded diagnostic Web pages
• HMI showing detailed fault location of the safety functions
• Safe Ethernet communications
• Wireless safety communications
• Simple drive networking
• Safety networking with AS-Interface
• Programmable safety relays
These no-cost events are an opportunity to learn from the experts in safety automation, share best practices, and learn about the latest technology trends. Currently underway, the Safety Innovation Tour has already visited 12 cities and is scheduled to visit 45 more locations with new cities still being added.
For a full list of cities, dates, and times, visit www.sea.siemens.com/safetytour.