The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) has announced the results of its 2013-2014 international board of directors election, revealing a group of strategic leaders who represent a variety of pharmaceutical industry sectors. The Board will be responsible for the governance and strategic direction of the Society and will assume their elected positions at the 2013 ISPE annual meeting, November 3–6 in Washington, DC.
“ISPE is in the midst of significant growth and transitioning to guide and support the pharmaceutical industry as it addresses issues such as increasing regulatory and pricing pressures, global markets, supply chains, and manufacturing innovation,” said ISPE president and CEO Nancy Berg. “I am confident that the incoming international board of directors will build upon the work of previous Boards and the Society’s past success and lead ISPE in its mission to support the pharmaceutical industry’s efforts to provide safe, high-quality medications for patients around the world.”
The following pharmaceutical industry leaders have been elected to positions on the 2013-2014 ISPE international board of directors.
* Chair: Damian Greene, global network strategy lead, global manufacturing and supply, Zoetis
* Vice chair: Andy Skibo, regional vice president, biologics-supply, MedImmune/AstraZeneca
* Treasurer: Joseph Famulare, vice president – global compliance and external collaboration, Genentech
* Secretary: Mike Arnold, RPh, business process owner for investigational products and senior director of strategic partnerships, global clinical supply chain, Pfizer
* Past chair: Charlotte Enghave Fruergaard, PhD, partner, global consulting, NNE Pharmaplan
* James A. Breen, Jr., PE, LEED AP, vice president, worldwide engineering and technical operations, supply chain group, Johnson & Johnson
* Tim Howard, CPIP, PE, vice president of global operations and company officer, Commissioning Agents Inc.
* Mark Fitch, senior vice president of global operations, Impax Laboratories Inc.
* Thomas Hartman, vice president, GMP operations, biopharm CMC, GlaxoSmith Kline
* Robert “Bob” Matje, PE, CPIP, senior director of engineering, Endo
* Christopher “Chris” Reid, CEO and principal consultant and owner, Integrity Solutions Ltd
* Fran Zipp (Sakers), group executive vice president and head of quality operations, Teva
In addition to those named above, directors Jennifer Lauria Clark, CPIP, Jim Durkin, and Gordon Leichter, PhD, each of whom were elected in 2012 to serve a two-year term, will continue their service on the board.
Complete biographical information on all of ISPE’s directors can be found at www.ISPE.org.
For related equipment reviews, articles, and news, visit our Equipment Zones
Click here for information about International Powder & Bulk Solids Conference & Exhibition