McCormick & Co., announced that it has been recognized on the 2023 Barron's 100 Most Sustainable Companies List released by Barron's Magazine. McCormick ranked 54th on the list.
This year marked Barron's sixth annual ranking, and the fifth time that McCormick has been included.
"McCormick is honored to be featured as one of Barron's 100 Most Sustainable Companies for the fifth year," said Lawrence E. Kurzius, chairman and CEO of McCormick. "This most recent ranking reflects our continued progress against our Purpose-led Performance commitments which include doing what's right for People, Communities, and the Planet we all share."
In addition to the 2023 Barron's 100 Most Sustainable Companies list, McCormick was also recently recognized as one of America's most JUST companies on the JUST Capital 100 list, and Fortune's 2022 Change the World list of 50 global companies, and Global 100's 2023 list of the world's most sustainable corporations. McCormick sits at 22 overall, and #1 most sustainable in food products.
The company has laid out its goals to 2025 in sections:
Commitment to People, 2025 Goals:
- Women in 50% of leadership positions globally
- Ethnically Diverse Talent (EDT) in 30% of leadership positions in the U.S.
- 90% of sales from our products that enable health, nutrition or natural consumer choices
- 95% of MySuccess connected exempt employees globally with active development goals in the HR system
- 50% increase in number of McCormick Science Institute citations in professional literature
- 80% of employees participating in voluntary health and wellbeing programs globally
Commitment to Communities, 2025 Goals:
- Increase resilience of 90% of smallholder farmers who grow our key iconic herbs and spices, as measured by increasing skills and capacity, income, access to financial services, education, and nutrition and health
- 80% of global employees participating in Power of Giving
Commitment to Planet, 2025 and Beyond:
- Source all herbs and spices in our portfolio sustainably, beginning with 100% of our branded iconic ingredients
- 42% absolute reduction in greenhouse gas emissions (Scope 1 & 2) from our facilities to be met by 2030
- 42% absolute reduction in greenhouse gas emissions (Scope 3) to be met by 2030
- 25% reduction in water use from our facilities to be met by 2030
- 85% recycling and recovery of solid waste from our facilities to be met by 2030
- Reduce packaging carbon footprint by 25%
- 100% of plastics packaging that can be reused, recycled or repurposed
To learn more about McCormick's Purpose-led Performance commitments and goals, visit McCormick's PLP section here.
Just a couple of months ago, McCormick announced it was cutting 10% of its supply chain workforce due to a loss in sales and profits at the end of 2022. Read more on McCormick's cuts here.