Dr. Bart Hallmark of the University of Cambridge Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology has released a series of 12 lectures on YouTube that provide an introduction to chemical process design.
The videos cover:
- Documenting and communicating the design, e.g. PFDs, P&IDs, and data sheets
- Reactor Design, including multiphase reactors, mass transfer and kinetic limits, thermal effects, reactor modelling, and reactor mechanical design
- Separation Processes, touching on distillation column optimization and other separation processes
- Conveying Materials, discussing pumps, pipes, and conveyors
- Controlling Process Flow in Liquids and Solids
- Pressure Relief and Safety Systems
- Plant Layout
- Utilities and Electric Power
In this segment, the engineer highlights process flow diagrams and the role they play in process design. Click here to view all of Dr. Hallmark’s lecture videos.