The American Chemistry Council (ACC) has approved 28 people to serve on its board of directors for new or extended terms beginning January 1, 2024.
“The expertise, knowledge, and product diversity reflected in our board of directors is a tremendous asset to ACC,” said ACC President and CEO Chris Jahn. "Our Board’s leadership will continue to guide us as we navigate an unprecedented era of challenge and change as we pursue the goal of a world made better by chemistry.”
The ACC Board of Directors sets council policy, provides strategic direction, and approves advocacy priorities and the annual budget.
New members, for a term January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024 are:
- Lucian Boldea, President of Performance Materials and Technology – Honeywell
- Machteld de Haan, Executive Vice President Designee, Chemicals and Products – Shell Chemical LP
- Samir Hifri, Chairman and President Designee – Covestro LLC
- Roger Kearns, President and CEO – NOVA Chemicals
- Michael Lefenfeld, President and CEO – Hexion Inc.
- Brian Paliotti, President – Afton Chemical Corporation
- Ed Sparks, CEO – W.R. Grace & Co.
- Eric Stouder, President of the Americas – Sasol (USA) Corporation
For terms January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2025:
- Bruce Chinn, CEO – Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
- Dean Cordle, President and CEO – A C & S, Incorporated
- Jim Nicholson – Co-Chair of the Board, PVS Chemicals, Inc.
- John Paro, Chairman, President & CEO – Hallstar
- Tom Shepherd, Chairman & CEO – The Shepherd Chemical Company
For terms January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2026:
- Scott Behrens, President and CEO – Stepan Company
- Cindy Boiter, EVP and President, Chemicals – Milliken Chemical, A Division of Milliken and Co
- Peter Huntsman, Chairman, President and CEO – Huntsman Corporation
- Conrad Keijzer, CEO – Clariant Corporation
- Robert King, Executive Vice President Crop Protection – Corteva Agriscience
- Rebecca Liebert, CEO – The Lubrizol Corporation
- Guillermo Novo, Chairman & CEO – Ashland Inc.
- John Panichella, President & CEO – Solenis
- Randy Pogue, President & CEO – Americas Styrenics LLC
- Alastair Port, Executive President – Indorama Ventures
- Brian Powers, Vice President for the Americas – SABIC
- Larry Ryan, President for the Americas, EVP For Performance Formulations – Nouryon
- Andy Tometich, CEO – Quaker Houghton
- Peter Vanacker, CEO – LyondellBasell
- Michael Willome, Group CEO – Synthomer Plc
Learn more about ACC membership here.