November 29, 2017

1 Min Read
Worker Injured After Hair Caught in Conveyor System
powder_1 copy_127.jpg

A worker was injured at a New Zealand pack house on Wednesday morning after her hair became caught in conveyor belt rollers, several local news organizations reported.

Rescue workers responded to the T&G Global (Turners & Growers) plant in Bay of Islands and extracted the worker. She was later transported to an area hospital with minor injuries.

“She has sustained only moderate injuries but she was in shock so the Northland Rescue Helicopter was called to take her to Whangarei Hospital,” Kerikeri Constable Mark Roberts told the New Zealand Herald.

T&G Global sells fresh fruit and vegetables.

Local media said an investigation into the incident by the country’s occupational safety regulator, WorkSafe, will likely occur.

For more news headlines, articles, and equipment reviews, visit our Equipment Zones

Sign up for the Powder & Bulk Solids Weekly newsletter.

You May Also Like