Despite the global economic slowdown and credit crunch, sugar futures gained this year over a drop in sugar supply output, and India's transition into a net importer for the first time in three years. India is the world's largest consumer of sugar and biggest producer after Brazil. Sugar prices will also strengthen on increasing interest in trading commodities.
With the global sugar production deficit destined to influence the market in the fourth quarter, the 7th World SugarTrade Conference meets at the right time to offer on-the-minute market insights to sugar stakeholders.
Leading industry experts from Brazil, Thailand, India, the EU, and other leading sugar hubs will address the audience on sugar prices, and domestic and international sugar industry developments at critical panel discussions, which will touch on:
- Sugar market fundamentals including sugar prices, sugar supply deficit & current global market development
- Bankers and traders insights on financing availability and impact on sugar trade
- The sugar production outlook in Brazil: will Brazil make enough sugar to cover the global deficit?
- Indian sugar deficit: the transition of India from exporter to net importer and how much India will actually import
- Policy initiatives, market drivers, and raw sugar trade in Indonesia, USA, Thailand, and Africa
- The latest EU sugar regime
- Oil price volatilities, freight market developments and the impact on the global sugar industry and sugar freight
- The challenge of Stevia, a zero-calorie, all-natural sugar substitute and implications on the global sugar marketplace
The world's leading financiers, traders, commodity brokers, sugar producers, millers, refiners, key officials of government trading corporations, and shipping executives have already confirmed or reserved their seats for 7th World SugarTrade on September 29-30, 2009.
The conference is 2009's sugar industry networking platform, and insights shared and connections made at the conference will alter the course of the sugar industry in the months ahead.
Those seeking more information and opportunities to participate as delegates, media partners, exhibitors, and/or sponsors at 7th World Sugar are urged to submit their registrations, inquiries, and proposals at www.cmtevents.com/aboutevent.aspx?ev=090937&