Superior Industries, a manufacturer of portable and stationary conveying equipment, as well as conveyor idlers, pulleys, and a host of related component accessories, now offers an iPhone app called ConveyCalc. The free app is available for download in the App Store. Notable features include:
• Operating Cost Calculator: Input variables like operator salary, fuel costs, conveyor horsepower, and annual repair expenses to compare costs of operating a conveyor versus a loader.
• Stockpile Volume Calculator: Input two variables, conveyor length, and radial arc travel angle, for this calculator to determine stockpile volume in cubic tons, short tons, and metric tons.
• Belt Capacity Calculator: This calculator helps bulk material handlers maintain accurate levels of material on belts. Inputting a few common variables will return a conveyor’s maximum capacity.
• Horsepower Calculator: Knowing a conveyor’s length, width, lift, and belt capacity will calculate minimum horsepower requirements for the given application.
• Conveyor Lift Calculator: Input two variables, the angle of the conveyor, and its length, for this calculator to reveal a conveyor’s center-to-center lift in feet.
ConveyCalc is available for free download in the App Store and is compatible with iPhones running iOS 5 software. Visit www.apple.com/ios to learn how to upgrade your iPhone for free.
For more information on Superior Industries, visit www.superior-ind.com.Superior Industrial Systems