Whether your NIR application is in mining, remote sensing, raw materials identification, or quality control, to improve the accuracy of your identification and analysis, often requires a custom spectral library. Spectral Evolution introduces its Custom Library Builder software to make creating your own library easy.
Used with EZ-ID identification software and field portable spectrometers and spectroradiometers, the Custom Library Builder allows you to collect scans of known samples and quickly save the scans with critical metadata. For example, in a mineral spectral library, the metadata might include the name of the sample, location, geologist, physical properties like color and hardness, GPS, and more. For a vegetation spectral library it would include the name of the sample, the locations, time of year the sample was taken, and more. In a raw materials inspection application, it could include the sample name, vendor, lot number, person who inspected the sample, quantity, and more.
The Custom Library builder is shipped with some pre-defined metadata fields but also allows for extensive user-defined metadata. The software is very easy-to-use. Other features include:
* Fast and accurate identification of an unknown mineral to a known library sample
* Easy to use – just collect a target scan using a spectroradiometer or spectrometer and see match results in real time
* Enter metadata and values/descriptions associated with that metadata either before scanning the known sample or after and save to your library
* Run your new sample scans against your library with EZ-ID software and quickly and accurately identify your sample based on a best match
* Include or exclude spectral regions of interest for optimal results
Adding new scans to your library is just as fast and easy.
For more information, visit www.spectralevolution.com/Mining_software_EZID.html
For related equipment reviews, articles, and news, visit our Instrumentation & Control Equipment Zone
Click here for information about International Powder & Bulk Solids Conference & Exhibition