Powder/Bulk Solids has launched "Powder Perspectives" -- an online column that will be hosted by Joe Marinelli, and include discussions concentrating on handling powders and other bulk solids. "Powder Perspectives" can be found on PowderBulkSolids.com under the Resources tab on the Home page.
This column will provide:
• Information that you can use to identify the cause of a particular problem you are experiencing.
• Practical solutions to common handling problems.
• Articles by guest writers to expand our coverage to all areas of powder handling.
• Timely information on new technology that will allow you to develop a higher level of expertise.
• The ability to respond to a discussion or concept with your expertise and enhance our content.
Some of the topics planned for discussion as we embark on this endeavor are:
• Common flow problems
• Flow patterns in bins and hoppers
• Flow aid devices
• Retrofitting existing equipment
• Testing of powders
• Conveying both mechanical and pneumatic
• Segregation issues
Potential contributors are encouraged to contact Joe with ideas, questions, possible articles that may be of interest to readers, etc.