Attending the ceremony was Robert J. Bunting, Sr., president of Bunting Magnetics Co., his wife, Barbara Bunting, and Molly Claassen, their daughter. The proclamation highlighted the 30 years that Bunting has been headquartered in Newton, as well as the company’s innovative and industry-leading products.
“As we celebrate this important milestone, we would like to thank the governor for taking his time to recognize this achievement,” said Robert J. Bunting, Sr. “Also, we would like to thank our customers, supply partners and, most importantly, all of our current and past employees. Our first 50 years has been a profile in growth and innovation. Now and in the future, we are striving to keep improving and build upon the legacy that has been established throughout our company history.”
On August 3, 1959, Walter and June Bunting founded Bunting Magnetics Co. in Chicago. The original location, on Chicago’s north side, was a 500-sq-ft office on Fullerton Ave. The company started as a stocking distributor for cast Alnico magnets and small ceramic magnet assemblies designed for industrial use.
Now, nearly 50 years later, Bunting has established itself as an industry-leading manufacturer in several product lines. From those humble beginnings, the company has expanded to seven major locations including its Flexible Die Division in Newton, KS, its Magnet Materials Division in Elk Grove Village, IL, its Magnet Applications Ltd (MAL) manufacturing operation in Berkhamsted, England, its Magnet Application Inc. facility in Dubois, PA, its purchasing office for Bunting China located in Ningbo, China, and its official licensee in Boronia Victoria, Australia, Alpha Magnetics Pty Ltd.
For more information, visit www.buntingmagnetics.com.