The full-day seminar, "Going for Growth: Get More from Your Existing or New Distribution Center," is designed to share knowledge on planning, operations, material handling solutions and order fulfillment technology innovations.
Attendees will learn ways to achieve more throughput and productivity from existing distributions centers (DC), as well as methods to ensure that new DCs are designed for future growth. The seminar covers topics ranging from technological advances in the industry to best practices in planning world-class DCs, and includes a tour of the FKI Logistex TEC. The 31,000-sq-ft training and demonstration center showcases the latest technologies in material handling.
"FKI Logistex and KEOGH Consulting have teamed up to turn collective industry experience into knowledge that can be applied to strategic planning and daily activities," said Steve Ackerman, president, FKI Logistex North America. "Seminar participants will also have the opportunity to tour the FKI Logistex Technology & Education Center, which offers advanced hands-on learning and provides a technology-rich material handling environment, where visitors can see the industry's latest solutions in action."
Seminar topics and participant opportunities include:
* Defining the essential Design Criteria needed in distribution facility sizing and equipment selection
* Best practices used in the planning of world-class distribution facilities
* Methods to evaluate and better understand order fulfillment operations
* New ideas and technologies to stretch the capacity of existing DCs
* Technologies and system design methods that can build flexibility for future growth in a new DC
* Case studies and benchmarking information
This is the second event in the KEOGH Consulting seminar program in partnership with FKI Logistex. For more information on the seminar, including a full schedule and registration information, click here or visit www.keogh1.com/events_registration.php?name=October2_Cincinnati,OH.