The ASSE Charles V. Culbertson Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service in 2007-2008 recognizes his work on the ANSI Z359-2007 Fall Protection Code and his service since 1999 as chairman of the U.S. Technical Advisory Group to ISO TC94/SC4. Presented to 111 recipients in the last 25 years, this award recognizes select ASSE members whose exemplary volunteer service has helped advance the occupational safety, health, and environmental profession.
Feldstein, who has 18 years of experience in fall protection product design and standards development, also holds the following affiliations:
* Member, American Society of Safety Engineers, Engineering Practice Specialty
* Executive Committee, ANSI Z359 Fall Protection in General Industry
* Member, ANSI A10.32 Standards Committee for Fall Protection in Construction Industry
* Vice-Chair, CSA Technical Advisory Committee for Fall Protection
* Chair, ISEA Fall Protection Group
* Member, Board of Directors, International Society for Fall Protection
* Chair, Scaffold Industry Association, Fall Protection Safety Council
Feldstein has published articles in over 15 publications and has presented at numerous conferences and symposia. He holds a patent for the curvilinear design feature, used currently in MSA’s TechnaCurv full-body harness for fall arrest, and is a 2006 recipient of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s (NIOSH) Bullard-Sherwood Award. He has a BS degree in physical sciences from Colorado State University.