A worker was injured at a New Zealand pack house on Wednesday morning after her hair became caught in conveyor belt rollers, several local news organizations reported.
Rescue workers responded to the T&G Global (Turners & Growers) plant in Bay of Islands and extracted the worker. She was later transported to an area hospital with minor injuries.
“She has sustained only moderate injuries but she was in shock so the Northland Rescue Helicopter was called to take her to Whangarei Hospital,” Kerikeri Constable Mark Roberts told the New Zealand Herald.
T&G Global sells fresh fruit and vegetables.
Local media said an investigation into the incident by the country’s occupational safety regulator, WorkSafe, will likely occur.