Fire officials posited that an overheated bearing in a leg was likely the cause of an explosion Wednesday at an Illinois grain elevator, several local news organizations reported.
Crews were called to the Topflight Grain Cooperative Inc. elevator in Beason, IL at about 4 p.m. after an area resident called in a report of an explosion, the Lincoln Courier reported. The caller said the blast shook the walls of their home and that fire was observed at the building.
A worker at the site was transferring corn at the time of the incident, the Lincoln Rural Fire Protection District told Decatur, IL-based NBC News affiliate WAND.
No injuries were reported as a result of the blast. The amount of damages to the facility is unclear.
Topflight Grain Co-op operates 19 locations in central Illinois, according to the firm’s website. The combined storage capacity of its sites in Illinois totals 37 million bushels of grain.