Workers were evacuated from an Iowa foundry Wednesday morning after material ignited in a dust collector and caused a fire, local news organizations reported.
Firefighters responded to the Sioux City Foundry Co. facility in Sioux City, IA at about 7:10 a.m., finding flames coming from the dust collector, which was installed on a piece of equipment, the Sioux City Journal reported.
“Fire was quickly extinguished, and we did our investigation and found that a spark in the machinery did ignite the dust,” Sioux City Deputy Fire Marshal Tom Standish told the newspaper.
No injuries were reported during the incident and employees present at the site during the incident were safely evacuated, Sioux City Fire Rescue Captain Tom Standish said in coverage by Sioux City, IA-based NBC News affiliate KTIV.
Officials said the dust collector and the piece of equipment it is installed on will be inoperable for some time as repairs are performed.
Established in 1871, Sioux City Foundry provides cutting blades, fabricated tanks, safety gratings, and other metal products.