Many media and buffer preparation mixing tanks used in the life sciences, bio-pharm, food, and beverage industries are plastic (poly vessels). They are frequently designed for use in smaller batch sizes, where the traditional heavy and bulky mixers do not fit these process tank applications well.
White Mountain Process offers a pre-engineered, ultra-lightweight GMP sanitary mixer that mounts right on the tri-clamp connections (often called TC sanitary connections) of poly and stainless steel process vessels. These compact, ergonomic, and hygienic agitators are typically used for tank volumes ranging in size of 5 to 500 l and provide complete dissolving of solids being added with 100% uniformity of the mixture in rapid time. The mixers are autoclave ready, so you remove the light weight motor/gearbox using the tri-clamp connection, then sterilizes the vessel and in-tank mixer together, quickly and easily.
Operators can easily move the mixer from tank to tank because of its lightweight design. Cleaning and sterilizing is simple via CIP spray balls in the tank, autoclaving, or hand wipe down. Customers appreciate the “Gold Standard” GMP documentation package that provides traceable material test reports for all components, whether they are electropolished 316L ss or USP VI PP material. Because of the mixer’s compact size, mixing in small vessels presents the ideal solution.
Features and benefits include:
* Low level mixing capability for excellent media uniformity during pump out
* Chromatography resin slurry guaranteed to blend uniformly for ease of packing columns
* Mixers available in 316L ss, exotic alloys like Hast C, and all non-metallic designs, including USP VI polypropylene
* Easy-to-clean, GMP design with CIP spray ball and optional riboflavin testing
* Complete documentation package with 100% traceability
* Meets the required process performance and functionality to maintain compliance according to technical/regulatory guidelines
White Mountain Process, Sturbridge, MA 508-927-2977 www.wmprocess.com/autoclavable-mixer