Innovative Ways of Dealing with Combustible Dusts
When: November 29, 2016 Time: 11am PST | 11am EST
The webinar will give an approach to Explosive Dust prevention from a perspective that doesn't get much press. NFPA standards emphasize prescriptive Engineering techniques that have been proven to mitigate unsafe combustible dust handling techniques. This webinar will speak to other techniques that remove part of the explosive dust pentagon such as removing oxygen, introducing inerting dust or using dust collectors that do not have containment.
This hour-long webinar is presented by Jonathan Hale, MPA, President at Air Systems Corporation, and moderated by Powder & Bulk Solids editor-in-chief, Kevin Cronin.
Learn How to Diagnose and Solve Your Costly Pneumatic Conveying Problems
- When: July 20, 2016. Time: 8am PDT | 11am EDT
Pneumatic conveying is the process of transporting powders and bulk solids in a gas stream through a pipeline. If improperly designed or operated, a pneumatic conveying system can experience:
• Plugging or buildup
• Throughput restrictions
• Elbow or line wear
• Particle attrition
This hour-long webinar is presented by Eric Maynard, senior consultant/director, Jenike & Johanson, and moderated by Powder & Bulk Solids editor-in-chief, Kevin Cronin
NFPA Safety: It’s Not Just About the Airlock
When: May 19, 2016. Time: 11AM PDT | 2PM EDT
Sponsored by ACS Valves
Register here for the archived event
As a processing professional, you recognize the importance NFPA codes and standards in the work that you do, but do you know all there is to know to ensure safety? Join Megan Thompson, President of ACS Valves as she dives deeper into NFPA compliance, codes and testing; and what it means for such devices. Not stopping at the valve—which is actually considered a fire-safety redundancy—she will review the most important safety elements in the pneumatic conveying line, placing the fire-prevention focus where it needs to be.
This hour-long webinar is moderated by Powder & Bulk Solids Editor-in-Chief, Kevin Cronin
- Material Factors for Dust Explosion Protection
- When: April 6, 2016. Time: 11am PDT / 2pm EDT Register here for the archived webinar
- Dr. Ashok Ghose Dastidar, PhD MBA, a fellow engineer, Westinghouse Engineering Center of Excellence – Westinghouse Electric Company LLC, and vice president, dust & flammability testing and consulting services, Fauske & Associates LLC, will discuss the five factors necessary in order for a dust explosion to occur, and how they can be used to protect against dust explosions.
- This hour-long webinar is moderated by Powder & Bulk Solids Editor-in-Chief, Kevin Cronin.